Segmented EPD features smooth shapes and ultra-low power consumption
- Display consists of fixed electrode patterns
- Electrode shape represents text or pictogram
- Typical examples:
14-segment: Alphanumeric characters
Calculators & watches, or display of icons & pictotrams, in case of an LCD.
Dot Matrix EPD
Dot Matrix EPD can show any text or image through a grid-like matrix of dots or pixels.
- Any text or image can be displayed as a group of pixels
- Display consists of a matrix of electrodes placed on an X-Y grid
- A pixel is at the intersection of electrodes
Various displays that use dot expressions, such as TV & smartphones etc., in case of an LCD.
Names of products and services featured are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.