About the Handling of
About the handling of personal information at our company
1. About compliance with laws and the social order
We will comply with relevant laws, regulations, and other norms when entrusted with personal information from customers or with the outsourcing of work such as information processing, or when obtaining personal information ourselves.
2. About the safe management of personal information
We will strictly manage and protect personal information that we have obtained or that has been outsourced to us by customers. To protect personal information from unauthorized access or from loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc., we will enact reasonable safety measures based on internal rules, and, in the event of an issue, will enact appropriate and prompt measures.
3. Purpose of use of personal information
When entrusted with the handling of personal information by customers or when obtaining such information ourselves, we will use said information for the following purposes. In the event of a necessity to use personal information for any other purposes, we will notify customers through informational documents sent by postal mail, e-mail, fax, etc. and will obtain consent.
When entrusted by customers
- (1) For printing addresses for direct mail
- (2) For enclosing items containing personal information for mailing to customers' homes
- (3) For acting on behalf of customers in client-related paperwork
- (4) For customer contact operations (campaign secretariats, call centers, etc.)
- (5) For data entry that includes personal information
- (6) For processing, aggregation, and analysis of data that includes personal information
- (7) For printing, bookbinding, etc. of printed matter that contains personal information
- (8) For issuance of cards
- (9) For operation of websites, etc. and membership management
When information was obtained ourselves
- (1) To respond to inquiries regarding our business
- (2) To mail requested materials concerning our business
- (3) To ship items to customers who have won in awards projects, campaigns, etc. by our company
- (4) To conduct our own questionnaire surveys and to reflect these in our services
- (5) To provide guidance and support information related to our services
- (6) To confirm individuals' payment methods or payment status related to paid services operated by our company
When making changes to the purposes of use of personal information obtained by our company, we will do so to the extent that is rationally deemed to have appropriate relevance to the purposes prior to the changes, and will notify and obtain consent from affected individuals regarding the changed purposes of use.
4. About the provision of personal information to third parties
As a general rule, our company will not provide customers' personal information to any third party, with the exceptions of cases (1) to (7) below. In the event of a necessity to otherwise provide personal information to a third party, we will provide notification by e-mail, fax, etc. and will obtain consent.
- (1) When providing necessary information to relevant business partners for the purpose of responding to inquiring customers
- (2) When providing necessary information to relevant business partners for the purpose of sending materials requested by inquiring parties
- (3) When providing necessary information to providers of prizes for the purpose of shipping winning products or gifts in awards projects, etc.
- (4) When providing necessary information to relevant business partners for the purpose of providing information such as guidance and support information related to services
- (5) When making inquiries to relevant organizations for the purpose of confirming individuals' payment method or payment status related to paid services operated by our company
- (6) When responding to demands for disclosure by a court, police, or other public institutions in response to a formal inquiry grounded in law
- (7) When unavoidably making inquiries to relevant organizations in order to protect the life, body, property, etc. of the relevant individual or other persons
5. About the outsourcing of personal information
To the extent necessary for achieving the purposes of use, the company may outsource the handling of personal information to a business partner under a contractual relationship, or may entrust customers' personal information to external business operators such as delivery companies that ship winning items or gifts in awards projects.
6. Acquisition of personal information through methods that do not enable easy identification of individuals
Toppan Inc. website (https://www.toppan.com/en/; hereinafter referred to as "our company's site") uses the access analysis tool Google Analytics from Google LLC to analyze the access history of our company's site and improve our services. Access history information analyzed using Google Analytics includes numbers assigned at the time of access, date and time of access, pages accessed, and numbers assigned at the time of inquiries. However, personal name, IP address, and other information enabling identification of individual customers is not captured.
7. About the scope of application
These principles apply to our company's handling of personal information. They do not apply to the handling of personal information by parties other than our company (including the websites of other parties that link to our company's site).
8. Response to requests from customers for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of personal information subject to disclosure
With regard to personal information obtained ourselves (personal information subject to disclosure), our company will respond appropriately and without delay, and with respect for the wishes of individuals, to inquiries by individuals concerning notification of purpose of use, disclosure, modification/addition/deletion of content, suspension of use, erasure, or suspension of provision to third parties regarding the individuals' own personal information (hereinafter "disclosure, etc."). (However, please note that, in the case of services, etc. for which personal information is indispensable, the modification, update, or deletion of personal information may unavoidably render some or all of the services unusable by the individual.)
Please contact the following for inquiries regarding disclosure, etc.
Contact for inquiries concerning personal information
Information Security Headquarters, Toppan Inc.
Our company is a business operator subject to the following authorized personal information protection body. Any complaints regarding our company's handling of personal information can also be directed to the following.
- Personal Information Protection Complaint Center, JIPDEC
- Address Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032 Japan
- Telephone number 0120-700-779
Date of update/display November 15, 2018